In COVID-19 clinical update #72, Daniel Griffin covers long term symptoms in children, outcomes for MIS-C, recent guidance from the American Academy of Pediatrics, a large well traced outbreak of delta variant, low dose mRNA vaccination generates durable T cell memory and antibodies, protective immunity in recovered patients, assessment of BinaxNOW, no effect of oral azithromycin, post-discharge symptoms in Nigeria, and therapeutics for low and middle income countries.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Long COVID in children (JAMA) 8:44
- Outcomes after MIS-C (Pediatrics) 12:23
- Guidance for school opening (Amer Acad Ped) 14:04
- Infection in well traced delta outbreak (medRxiv) 17:09
- Immune memory 8 months post-infection (Science) 26:07
- Low dose mRNA vaccine enhances T cells (medRxiv) 27:05
- Protection after infection (Lancet) 27:58
- Assessment of BinaxNOW (Sci Rep) 32:04
- Rapid POC antigen tests (Cochrane Rev) 35:26
- Oral azithromycin ineffective (JAMA) 36:16
- Post discharge symptoms in Nigeria (AJTMH) 37:16
- Therapeutics for low and middle income countries (AJTMH) 37:48
- Letters read on TWiV 783 39:57
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org