On this episode of TWiV, Novavax COVID-19 vaccine demonstrates 90% overall efficacy, preventing an antigenically disruptive change during growth of influenza virus vaccine in chicken eggs, and MIS-C is driven by loss of the gut mucosal barrier.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 769 (64 MB .mp3, 107 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV Vaccine Town Hall 1:23
- Novavax vaccine efficacy reported (Novavax) 3:19
- H3N2 glycosylation in eggs (TWiV 480) 10:46
- Preventing antigenically disruptive HA change in eggs (Cell Host Micr) 9:06
- MIS-C due to leaky gut (J Clin Invest) 36:07
- Letters read on TWiV 769 1:13:46
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:38:36
Brianne – Pandemics for Babies, Germ Theory for Babies, and Vaccines for Babies
Kathy – Playing with Time
Vincent – A Top Virologist in China, at Center of a Pandemic Storm, Speaks Out
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drawn by a 14 year old girl!