TWiV examines spillovers of porcine and canine coronaviruses into humans in Haiti and Malaysia, and how antigenic evolution of measles virus is constrained by multiple co-dominant epitopes on the viral glycoproteins.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier, Alan Dove, Rich Condit, and Amy Rosenfeld
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 759 (80 MB .mp3, 134 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV vaccine town halls 3:32
- Porcine deltacoronavirus in Haitian children (medRxiv) 4:21
- Canine coronavirus from Malaysian pneumonia patient (Clin Inf Dis) 30:16
- Co-dominant epitopes in measles virus (Cell Reports Medicine) 44:19
- No shift, measles (TWiV 340) 46:02
- The Cancer Thief (TWiV 395) 1:09:23
- Letters read on TWiV 759 1:21:14
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:44:02
Dickson – Ants: workers of the world
Amy – Let The Record Show by Sarah Schulman
Rich – QAnon resembles the games I design
Alan – Librivox
Vincent – Stratechery
Fernando – The 60-year old scientific screwup that helped COVID kill
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
More of Amy please! (You are all inspirational).