In COVID-19 clinical update #59, Daniel Griffin discusses a front-line health care worker survey, pre-exposure seropositivity and subsequent infection in healthy young adults, fitted filtration efficiency of double masking, BinaxNow rapid in-home antigen test, postvaccination infections in a nursing facility, safety of mRNA vaccine in pregnant women, case control study of Bamlanivimab, no evidence for brain infection in patients with neurolgical symptoms, and mortality among US patients hospitalized with COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Healthcare worker survey (KFF) 2:22
- Seropositivity and infection risk in young adults (Lancet) 4:51
- Efficiency of double masking (JAMA) 10:15
- BinaxNow antigen test (Abbott) 14:24
- mRNA vaccine safety in pregnant persons (NEJM) 19:19
- Bamlanivimab case control study (CID) 24:13
- COVID-19 neuropathology (Brain) 28:19
- Mortality among hospitalized COVID-19 patients (JAMA) 31:41
- Letters read on TWiV 747 34:04
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org