On a TWiV tetramer, we review the ongoing outbreaks of Ebolavirus disease in DRC and Guinea, evidence that SARS-CoV-2 infections in children are far more prevalent than are being detected, and recent long COVID estimates from the UK.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Ebolavirus disease outbreak continues in Africa (ProMedMail) 6:20, 16:28
- List of Ebolavirus outbreaks (Wikipedia) 9:28
- Ebolavirus genome sequences from Guinea (virological) 13:53
- Bias in reporting on childhood SARS-CoV-2 infections (Clinical Inf Dis) 23:46
- Estimated SARS-CoV-2 prevalence <18 years (MMWR) 48:35
- Estimated burden of SARS-CoV-2 by age group (CDC) 1:01:32
- UK long COVID estimates (pdf) 56:00
- Space Shuttle fly-by Vincent’s office (YouTube) 46:28
- Letters read on TWiV 731 1:05:05
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:35:36
Brianne – Who Would Kidnap a Space Telescope?
Alan – Radio Garden
Rich – Countries with more obesity have had more covid deaths on average
Vincent – Concord Aerospace
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com