Eva Harris and Janet Smith join TWiV to discuss how an antibody against dengue virus NS1 protein blocks endothelial dysfunction and the potential of treating infections by multiple flaviviruses.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Eva Harris on TWiV 228 1:28
- Zika virus in Nicaragua (virology blog) 2:26
- How an antibody block NS1-mediated endothelial dysfunction (Science) 13:13
- Protein Data Bank NS1 complex structures (one, two, three)
- Broadly protective antibody against NS1 (Science) 59:32
- Letters read on TWiV 725 1:18:42
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:44:07
Alan – Science Photographer of the Year Awards
Rich – Bar Keeper’s Friend
Kathy – Perseverance secret message and other Easter eggs, 11 million Earthlings’ names, “Name the Rover” essay contest. Sign up to send your name on a future Mars mission.
Vincent – COVID-19 dataset
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org