TWiV reviews the latest data on the UK variant of SARS-CoV-2, including some properties of the variant and why it is being closely studied, development of liver cancer in a participant in a adenovirus-associated virus gene therapy trial, and answers to listener questions.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- BSL-3 Assistant Manager position 2:24
- NERVTAG meeting minutes (pdf) 6:41
- NERVTAG 5:55, 36:59
- Preliminary genomic characterization of UK variant (virological.org) 37:11
- PHE investigation of UK variant (pdf) 37:55
- N501Y does not affect antibody neutralization (Science, eLife) 47:52
- WHO notice on UK variant (WHO) 1:10:30
- Liver tumor during AAV gene therapy (Science) 1:13:02
- Letters read on TWiV 697 1:18:29
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 2:03:01
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com