SciArtist Laura Splan joins TWiV to reveal her transdisciplinary work that intersects science, technology, design and culture, then we discuss an inverse correlation between mumps virus antibodies induced by MMR vaccine and COVID-19 severity, and whether ivermectin is indicated for treatment of COVID-19.
Guest: Laura Splan
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Laura Splan website 57:56, 1:05:08
- BSL-3 Assistant Manager position 1:07:35
- MMR titers in recovered COVID-19 patients (mBio) 1:12:06
- Ivermectin and SARS-CoV-2 (TWiV 599) 1:30:55
- Treatment of COVID-19 with ivermectin (Int J Inf Dis) 1:32:08
- Ivermectin approved dosing (Mayo Clinic) 1:34:00
- Briefing document for Pfizer vaccine (FDA) 1:38:29
- Vaccinated? Wear a mask (NY Times) 1:44:19
- Efficacy of ChAdOx1 vaccine (Lancet) 1:47:43
- Mix & Match Pfizer & Oxford jabs (Times Long) 1:48:08
- SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence in Seattle (medRxiv) 1:50:04
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:51:36
Brianne – Patterns for Virus snowflakes
Kathy – 2020 Nobel Prize lectures (hepatitis C) (link to all and concert) Historical review by Harvey Alter
Rich – New Data Confirm 2020 SO is Upper Centaur Rocket Booster from 1960’s (Wiki)
Vincent – The Right Stuff
Miikael – Tiny tweak behind COVID-19 vaccines
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org