From the NIH campus (recorded February 2020) Vincent and Rich meet with Eugene Koonin to discuss his theories on the evolutionary origins of viruses.
Guest: Eugene Koonin
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Virocentricity with Eugene Koonin (TWiV 275) 3:30
- Origin of viruses (Nat Rev) 3:39
- Multiple origins of capsid proteins from cells (PNAS) 15:08
- Origins and evolution of global RNA virome (mBio) 52:45
- Evolution of NCLDV of eukaryotes (Adv Virus Res) 1:19:05
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com