Michael Mina joins TWiV to reveal why frequent and rapid SARS-CoV-2 testing is more important than accuracy, how a daily $1 rapid test could control the pandemic, and why group testing works.
Guests: Michael Mina
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Michael Mina on Immune 26 2:46
- White House bypasses CDC (NY Times) 5:06
- Test sensitivity is secondary to frequency and turnaround time (medRxiv) 6:31
- Group testing for SARS-CoV-2 (medRxiv) 39:29
- Consider the cycle threshold value (Clin Inf Dis) 33:16
- MERS-CoV spike nanoparticles protect mice from infection (Vaccine) 1:21:34
- CoV spike protein nanoparticles induce neutralizing antibodies in mice (Vaccine) 1:22:30
- Letters read on TWiV 640 1:00:49
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
- Kiki’s Comments
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org