Vincent and Rich discuss the SARS-CoV-2 D614G amino acid change in the spike glyprotein, duration of infectious virus shedding from patients, virus transmission among hamsters infected in the laboratory, and tackle listener email.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 628 (68 MB .mp3, 113 min)
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Austin TX key indicators for staging 1:42
- D614 amino acid change (Scripps) 10:14, 26:38
- Virus shedding in hospitalized patients (medRxiv) 27:49
- Hamster SARS-CoV-2 model (Nature) 12:00, 23:21
- COVID-19 host genetic initiative 35:50
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 628 40:03
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org