Peter Daszak joins TWiV to explain the work of EcoHealth Alliance in surveillance of bats in China for SARS-related coronaviruses to provide the information needed to prevent future pandemics, and why NIH recently withdrew financial support for their work.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Guest: Peter Daszak
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 623 (41 MB .mp3, 68 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Bats are reservoirs of SARSr-CoV (Science) 3:40
- Bat SARSr-CoV that binds ACE2 (Nature) 22:07
- Rich gene pool of bat SARSr-CoV (PLoS Path) 30:30
- Bat SARSr-CoV infect humans (Virol Sin) 33:18
- Transmission of bat SARSr-CoV in China (bioRxiv) 45:17
- Global Virome Project (Science) 47:32, 55:15
- ASV Virtual Workshops 2020 1:18:57
- Image credit
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Interesting. I have learned a lot.
Love the integrated video!
loved being able to see everyone.
Peter was great. very insightful. I like the way he has handled the fed funding cut. Hopefully, ByeDon will see his funding reinstated and his samples are still there waiting their return.
Vincent is in the news again.
Listening to this is an hour really well spent. Very, very interesting.
Thanks to all of you especially Peter.