Peter Daszak joins TWiV to explain the work of EcoHealth Alliance in surveillance of bats in China for SARS-related coronaviruses to provide the information needed to prevent future pandemics, and why NIH recently withdrew financial support for their work.
Links for this episode
- Bats are reservoirs of SARSr-CoV (Science) 3:40
- Bat SARSr-CoV that binds ACE2 (Nature) 22:07
- Rich gene pool of bat SARSr-CoV (PLoS Path) 30:30
- Bat SARSr-CoV infect humans (Virol Sin) 33:18
- Transmission of bat SARSr-CoV in China (bioRxiv) 45:17
- Global Virome Project (Science) 47:32, 55:15
- ASV Virtual Workshops 2020 1:18:57
- Image credit
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org