In his weekly clinical update, Dr. Griffin discusses health worker–perceived working conditions and symptoms of poor mental health, Mpox neutralizing antibodies at 6 months from mpox infection or MVA-BN vaccination, newborn and early infant outcomes following maternal COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy, duration of SARS-CoV-2 culturable virus shedding in children, prescribing outcomes in outpatients treated with nirmatrelvir–ritonavir for COVID-19 in an interdisciplinary community clinic, Nirmatrelvir and molnupiravir and post-COVID-19 condition in older patients, optimal duration of systemic corticosteroids in COVID-19 treatment, association between Guillain-Barré syndrome and COVID-19 infection and vaccination, SARS-CoV-2 infection correlates with male benign prostatic hyperplasia deterioration, Transplanting candidates with COVID-19, and favorable experience of transplant strategy including liver grafts from COVID-19 donors.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 1058 (27 MB .mp3, 38 min)
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Routine vaccination coverage (CDC) 2:46
- Outbreak of invasive Group A Streptococcus in children (PIDS) 9:04
- Nirmatrelvir/ritonavir use in pregnant women with SARS-CoV-2 (Nature) 14:15
- Outcomes of SARS-CoV-2 omicron variant infections compared with seasonal influenza and RSV infections in adults (CID) 18:02
- Remdesivir is associated with reduced mortality in COVID-19 patients requiring oxygen (OFID) 21:11
- Effectiveness of nirmatrelvir/ritonavir against the development of Post–COVID-19 conditions among U.S. veterans (AIM) 24:02
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 28:33
- Letters read on TWiV 1058 29:13
- Dr. Griffin’s COVID treatment summary (pdf)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com