Klaus Früh visits the Incubator to discuss his career and his work on cytomegalovirus-vectored vaccines which are unique in their ability to persistently maintain an immune shield of effector memory T cells, including highly unconventional MHC-II and MHC-E restricted CD8+ T cells.
Guest: Klaus Früh
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Spike shirts at vaccinated.us (promo code Microbetv) 5:18
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf) 4:36
- HCMV-based attenuated vaccine platform (Sci Rep) 19:22
- HLA-E-restricted, Gag-specific CD8+ T cells suppress HIV-1 infection (Sci Immunol) 37:44
- RhCMV/SIV vaccine shows long-term efficacy against SIV challenge (Sci Transl Med) 45:26
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org