In his weekly clinical update, Dr. Griffin discusses Florida local transmission of dengue cases reported in Broward and Miami-Dade counties, infants admitted to US intensive care units for RSV infection during the 2022 seasonal peak, long-term risk of death and readmission after hospital admission with COVID-19 among older adults, safety profile and clinical and virological outcomes of Nirmatrelvir-Ritonavir treatment in patients with advanced chronic kidney disease and COVID-19, Fluvoxamine vs placebo for outpatients with symptomatic COVID-19, the effect of corticosteroids, antibiotics, and anticoagulants on the development of post-COVID-19 syndrome in COVID-19 hospitalized patients 6 months after discharge, long COVID and significant activity limitation among adults, incidence of diabetes following COVID-19 vaccination and SARS-CoV-2 infection in Hong Kong, and diabetes following SARS-CoV-2 infection: Incidence, persistence, and implications of COVID-19 vaccination.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 1036 (29 MB .mp3, 40 min)
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Florida local transmission of dengue cases (Outbreak News) 3:18
- Infants admitted to US ICU for RSV infection (JAMA) 4:08
- Long term risk of death and readmission after hospital admission with COVID-19 (BMJ) 7:24
- Outcomes of Nirmatrelvir-Ritonavir Treatment in patients with Kidney disease and COVID-19 (CID) 13:47
- Fluvoxamine vs placebo for outpatients with symptomatic COVID-19 (OFID) 18:20
- The effect of corticosteroids, antibiotics, and anticoagulants on the development of post-COVID-19 syndrome in hospitalized patients (CEM) 21:26
- Long COVID and significant activity limitation among adults (CDC) 24:55
- Incidence of Diabetes following COVID-19 vaccination and SARS-CoV-2 infection (PLOS) 28:14
- Diabetes following SARS-CoV-2 infection (BMJ) 30:00
- Contribute to our Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 32:17
- Letters read on TWiV 1036 32:52
- Dr. Griffin’s COVID treatment summary (pdf)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org