TWiV dissects a study of COVID-19 vaccination which shows that the timing of initial rollout affects disease outcomes more substantially than final coverage or degree of socioeconomic disparity, and discovery of a novel cellular defense comprising a nuclease that is activated by poxvirus infection and cleaves a specific tRNA molecule to inhibit protein synthesis.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- MicrobeTV store at Cafepress
- Research assistant position in Rosenfeld Lab CBER/FDA (pdf) 1:46
- Impact of COVID-19 vaccination trends (Sci Adv) 3:20
- Poxvirus-activated anticodon nuclease (Sci Adv) 29:54
- Letters read on TWiV 1035 1:23:08
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:42:29
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org