In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses confronting the evolution and expansion of anti-vaccine activism in the USA in the COVID-19 era, the effectiveness of maternal Influenza vaccination in Peru, characteristics and predictors of persistent symptoms post-COVID-19 in children and young people, parental nonadherence to health policy recommendations for prevention of COVID-19 transmission among children, community-onset bacterial coinfection in children critically ill with SARS-CoV-2 infection, bivalent booster effectiveness against severe COVID-19 outcomes in Finland, viral kinetics of sequential SARS-CoV-2 infections, risk of COVID-19 associated pulmonary aspergillosis based on corticosteroid duration in intensive care patients, immunomodulators for severe COVID19 in transplant patients: do they increase the risk of secondary infection, long-term cardiovascular outcomes in COVID-19 survivors among non-vaccinated population, cardiac abnormalities in Long COVID 1-year post-SARS-CoV-2 infection, one-year adverse outcomes among us adults with Post–COVID-19 condition vs those without COVID-19 in a large commercial insurance database, and long-term gastrointestinal outcomes of COVID-19.
Click arrow to play Download TWiV 990 (26 MB .mp3, 43 min) Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Confronting the evolution and expansion of anti-vaccine activism (The Lancet) 1:17
- Effectiveness of maternal influenza vaccination in Peru (OFID) 2:14
- Characteristics and predictors of persistent symptoms post-COVID-19 (BMJ) 4:11
- Parental nonadherence to health policy recommendations for prevention of COVID-19 (JAMA) 6:11
- Community-onset bacterial coinfection in children ill with SARS-CoV-2 infection (OFID) 7:47
- Bivalent booster effectiveness against severe COVID-19 outcomes (medRxiv) 9:56
- Viral kinetics of sequential SARS-CoV-2 infections (medRxiv) 10:46
- Risk of COVID-19 associated pulmonary aspergillosis based on corticosteroid duration in ICU patients (OFID) 13:50
- Immunomodulators for severe COVID-19 in transplant patients (TID) 15:37
- Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in COVID-19 survivors among non-vaccinated population (eClinicalMedicine) 17:00
- Cardiac abnormalities in Long COVID 1-year post-SARS-CoV-2 infection (BMJ) 18:54
- One year adverse outcomes among US adults with post COVID-19 condition vs those without COVID-19 (JAMA) 19:33
- Long-term gastrointestinal outcomes of COVID-19 (Nature) 21:04
- Contribute to our ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 22:19
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 990 22:51
- Don’t crush Paxlovid (pdf)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com
Leave a Reply