Arturo Casadevall returns to TWiV to explain the use of convalescent plasma to treat COVID-19 patients, and the need to support virology at a time when more regulation of experiments is envisioned.
Guest: Arturo Casadevall
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Register for ASV 2023 2:11
- MicrobeTV Discord Server
- Early treatment of COVID-19 with convalescent plasma (NEJM)
- Neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 by convalescent plasma (Nat Comm) 38:43
- Convalescent COVID-19 plasma for immunocompromised patients (JAMA Net Open)
- Virology under the microscope (mSphere) 1:01:57
- Virology in peril (mSphere) 48:07
- Emil von Behring Nobel Lecture 46:14
- Letters read on TWiV 987 1:06:44
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:40:30
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com