In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses China reporting almost 60,000 Covid-related deaths after abrupt shift in policy, detection of SARS-CoV-2 IgA and IgG in human milk and breastfeeding infant stool 6 months after maternal COVID-19 vaccination, effect of Fluvoxamine vs placebo on time to sustained recovery in outpatients with mild to moderate COVID-19, hyperimmune globulin for severely immunocompromised patients hospitalized with COVID-19, long COVID outcomes at one year after mild SARS-CoV-2 infection, long COVID: major findings, mechanisms and recommendations, a systematic review of trials currently investigating therapeutic modalities for post-acute COVID-19 syndrome and registered on World Health Organization international clinical trials platform, and the effect of using a structured pacing protocol on post-exertional symptom exacerbation and health status in a longitudinal cohort with the post-COVID-19 syndrome.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- China records almost 60,000 COVID-related deaths (SCMP) 6:05
- Detection of SARS-CoV-2 IgA and IgG in human milk and breastfeeding infant stool (Nature) 9:46
- Effect of Fluvoxamine vs placebo in outpatients with COVID-19 (JAMA) 15:18
- Hyperimmune Globulin for immunocompromised patients with COVID-19 (JID) 19:51
- Long COVID outcomes at one year after mild infection (BMJ) 24:38
- Major findings, mechanisms and recommendations for Long COVID (Nature) 25:30
- Review of trials investigating therapeutic modalities for post-acute COVID-19 (CMI) 27:36
- Effect of using a structured pacing protocol (JMV) 30:00
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 33:07
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 976 33:30
- Don’t crush Paxlovid (pdf) 33:38
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com