Vincent travels to Cornell University to speak with Gary Whittaker about regulation by proteolytic processing of the fusion activity of the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, and feline coronavirus transmission, replication and disease.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello
Guest: Gary Whittaker
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- SARS-CoV-2 spike and its furin cleavage site (Lancet Microbe) 4:11
- TMPRSS2 inhibitor blocks SARS-CoV-2 reproduction (Nature) 6:52
- Distinct spike proteins of feline coronaviruses (Viruses) 39:37
- Feline coronavirus and feline infectious peritonitis (J Zoo Wild Med)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org