The TWiV team reveals a variant SARS-CoV-2 that emerged in deer with deer-to-human transmission, and hybrid virus particles produced by co-infection with influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus particles.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Support MicrobeTV with a Spike t-shirt (Vaccinated.us) with promo code MicrobeTV 4:34
- Testing and evaluation specialist (Harris County Public Health) 8:12
- Oveta Fuller tribute (YouTube) 11:13
- Divergent SARS-CoV-2 in deer (Nat Micro) 12:13
- Hybrid influenza virus and respiratory syncytial virus particles (Nat Micro) 47:07
- Letters read on TWiV 958 6:13, 1:10:43
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:33:45
Dickson – Jazz Project: Vocals
Best female vocalists: Ella Fitzgerald/Billie Holiday, Betty Carter
Best Male Vocalists: Mel Tormé/Joe Williams/Tony Bennett
Brianne – ASV Curriculum Guidelines for Virology Courses
Kathy – The Snow Cruiser
Alan – Rescuing bats in Ukraine
Vincent – Woodpeckers: The Hole Story PBS
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org