In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses human monkeypox virus infection in women and non-binary individuals during the 2022 outbreaks, changes in population immunity against infection and severe disease from SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variants in the United States, updates on COVID-19–related mortality, impact of community masking on COVID-19, effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines against hospitalization with Omicron sub-lineages BA.4 and BA.5 in England, cardiovascular outcomes after Tixagevimab and Cilgavimab use for pre-exposure prophylaxis against COVID-19, how Paxlovid is associated with decreased hospitalization rate among adults with COVID-19, inside the mind of an anti-paxxer, and angiotensin receptor blockers for the treatment of COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Human monkeypox virus infection in women and non-binary individuals (The Lancet) 6:09
- Changes in population immunity against infection and severe disease from variants (Medrxiv) 8:48
- Updates on COVID-19 related mortality (CDC) 9:30
- Impact of community masking on COVID-19 (Science) 13:39
- Effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines against hospitalization (The Lancet) 15:17
- Cardiovascular outcomes after tixagevimab and cilgavimab use for pre-exposure prophylaxis (CID) 23:18
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Paxlovid associated with decreased hospitalization among adults (CDC) 26:11
- Inside the mind of an Anti-Paxxer (The Atlantic) 28:48
- Paxlovid patient eligbiliity screening checklist (FDA)
- Angiotensin receptor blockers for the treatment of COVID-19 (BMJ) 34:24
- Long COVID treatment research study (Stanford)
- HHS long COVID study (pdf)
- Biden administration requests long COVID funding (WaP0)
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 37:49
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 957 38:37
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org