In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses high demand for Amoxicillin causing shortages amid child RSV surge, epidemiologic and clinical features of children and adolescents aged <18 years with monkeypox, low risk of SARS-Cov-2 transmission by fomites, nucleocapsid antigenemia is a marker of acute SARS-CoV-2 infection, impact of community masking on COVID-19, protection against Omicron from vaccination and previous infection in a prison system, Nirmatrelvir and the risk of post-acute sequelae of COVID-19, Bebtelovimab for high-risk outpatients with early COVID-19 in a large US health system, imprinted SARS-CoV-2 humoral immunity induces convergent Omicron RBD evolution, can SARS-CoV-2 trigger new onset of autoimmune disease in adults? A case-based review, and retrospectively modeling the effects of increased global vaccine sharing on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- High demand for Amoxicillin causing shortages amid RSV surge (Washington Post) 3:39
- Epidemiologic and clinical features of children & adolescents with monkeypox (CDC) 6:18
- Low risk of SARS-Cov2 transmission by fomites (IDSA) 12:44
- Nucleocapsid Antigenemia Is a marker of acute SARS-CoV-2 Infection (JID) 15:45
- Impact of community masking on COVID-19 (Science) 17:00
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Protection against Omicron from vaccination & previous infection in prison system (NEJM) 18:39
- Nirmatrelvir and the risk of post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (medRxiv) 23:36
- Bebtelovimab for high-risk outpatients with COVID-19 (OFID) 32:05
- Imprinted SARS-CoV-2 immunity induces convergent Omicron evolution (bioRxiv) 33:53
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Can SARS-CoV-2 trigger new onset of autoimmune disease in adults? (Cell) 40:46
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Modeling the effects of global vaccine sharing on the COVID-19 pandemic (Nature) 42:14
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 45:08
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 953 45:56
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org