In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses Influenza incidence and vaccine effectiveness during the southern hemisphere influenza season in Chile, Nirsevimab for prevention of RSV infection in healthy late-preterm and term infants, severe Monkeypox in hospitalized patients, reinfections with different SARS-CoV-2 Omicron subvariants, impact of community masking on COVID-19 in Bangladesh, unadjuvanted intranasal spike vaccine elicits protective mucosal immunity against sarbecoviruses, antibody responses to Omicron BA.4/BA.5 bivalent mRNA vaccine booster shot, immunogenicity of bivalent mRNA vaccine boosters, long-term gastrointestinal sequelae following COVID-19, evaluation of an automated text message–based program to reduce use of acute health care resources after hospital discharge, and how in adults with COVID-19, melatonin was assessed for effects on inflammatory markers, clinical signs and symptoms, and mortality.
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 951 (30 MB .mp3, 50 min)
Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Influenza incidence and vaccine effectiveness (CDC) 4:54
- Nirsevimab for prevention of RSV (NEJM) 7:05
- Severe Monkeypox in hospitalized patients (CDC) 11:08
- Reinfections with different SARS-CoV-2 Omicron subvariants (CDC) 14:35
- Impact of community masking on COVID-19 (Science) 18:30
- Vaccine elicits protective immunity against sarbecoviruses (Science) 21:35
- Antibody responses to bivalent mRNA vaccine booster shot (Biorxiv) 24:15
- Immunogenicity of bivalent mRNA vaccine boosters (Biorxiv) 25:41
- Long-term gastrointestinal sequelae following COVID-19 (CGH) 37:58
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Evaluation of an automated text message–based program (JAMA) 40:23
- Melatonin assessed for effects on inflammatory markers in COVID patients (Heliyon) 41:14
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Contribute to our MicrobeTV fundraiser at PWB 43:38
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 951 44:39
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com
The role of antivirals given as early as possible in reducing influenza severity would be of interest .