In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses progress toward poliomyelitis eradication in Pakistan, polio by the numbers , influenza and COVID-19 vaccination coverage among health care personnel, phase 1/2a safety and immunogenicity of an adenovirus 26 vector RSV vaccine encoding prefusion F in adults 18–50 years and RSV seropositive children 12–24 months, receipt of first and second doses of JYNNEOS vaccine for prevention of Monkeypox, distinguishing SARS-CoV-2 persistence and reinfection, Novavax NVX-COV2373 triggers potent neutralization of Omicron sub-lineages, association between regular physical activity and the protective effect of vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 in a South African case, COVID-19 outcomes in solid organ transplant recipients who received Tixagevimab-cilgavimab Prophylaxis and/or Bebtelovimab treatment, Omicron sublineage BA.2.75.2 exhibits extensive escape from neutralizing antibodies, and Tocilizumab versus Baricitinib in hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Progress toward Poliomyelitis eradication (CDC) 4:26
- Polio by the numbers (JID) 5:51
- Influenza & COVID-19 vaccination coverage among health care personnel (CDC) 8:05
- Phase 1/2a Safety & Immunogenicity of an adenovirus RSV Vaccine (JID) 9:54
- Receipt of first & second doses of JYNNEOS vaccine (CDC) 13:40
- Distinguishing SARS-CoV-2 persistence and reinfection (CID) 14:39
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- Novavax triggers potent neutralization of Omicron sub-lineages (bioRxiV) 23:13
- Association between physical activity & vaccination protective effect (BMJ) 24:50
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- COVID-19 outcomes in solid organ transplant recipients who received monoclonal antibodies (Transplantation) 27:49
- Omicron BA.2.75.2 exhibits escape from neutralizing antibodies (bioRxiV) 29:19
- Tocilizumab vs. Baricitinib in hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19 (CMI) 36:06
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 37:40
- Letters read on TWiV 949 38:00
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org