TWiV reviews recent cases of monkeypox, presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA but not infectious virus in feces, and the association of autoantibodies to interferons with severe COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Monkeypox in MA (ProMed Mail) 6:43
- Possible monkeypox in NYC (NY Times)
- Occupational monkeypox, Wisconsin (Emerg Inf Dis) 13:45
- SARS-CoV-2 in feces (Nature) 18:35
- IFN autoantibodies and severe COVID-19 (PNAS) 30:11
- Letters read on TWiV 902 1:08:44
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:48:18
Dickson – How to grow food on the moon
Brianne – APod May 16: Milky Way over French Alp Hoodoos
Kathy – Covid Nationwide data visualization
Rich – NIH All of Us Research Program
Vincent – Physicians Spreading Misinformation on Social Media — Do Right and Wrong Answers Still Exist in Medicine?
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org