TWiV explains why this season’s influenza vaccine is not protecting against mild to moderate disease caused by H3N2 virus, and that antibody-dependent entry of SARS-CoV-2 into monocytes is a major contributor to severe COVID-19.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Seasonal influenza vaccine effectiveness (MMWR) 5:24
- Properties of a dominant H3N2 variant (bioRxiv) 13:02
- Scott Henley on influenza vaccine growth in eggs (TWiV 480) 12:36
- Fc receptor dependent entry of SARS-CoV-2 into monocytes (Nature) 43:49
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:24:37
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com