In COVID-19 clinical update #106, Daniel Griffin covers failure of ivermectin to improve hospitalization, increased hospitalization of children with Omicron, seroconversion of children versus adults, effectiveness of Pfizer mRNA vaccine in children, high vaccine effectiveness in Finland against Omicron, distinct long COVID clinical phenotypes, and estimating worldwide excess mortality.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Ivermectin did not reduce hospitalizations (Wall St J) 2:28
- Increased hospitalization of children with Omicron (MMWR) 5:07
- Seroconversion of children vs adults (JAMA) 6:41
- Effectiveness of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in children (MMWR) 9:10
- High vaccine effectiveness in Finland (medRxiv) 11:21
- Distinct long COVID clinical phenotypes (Open Forum Inf Dis) 16:02
- Estimating excess mortality (Lancet) 17:42
- Contribute to ASTMH fundraiser at PWB 21:02
- Letters read on TWiV 877 22:34
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com