TWiV discusses whether or not Omicron should be designated a new serotype of SARS-CoV-2, and the finding that amino acid changes that adapt SARS-CoV-2 to mink or ferret do not increase fitness in the human airway.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ABRCMS ePoster Spring Symposium for Emerging Scientists 3:20
- ASV Annual Meeting Registration (ASV) 4:08
- Microbiology & Immunology at LSU Health 4:47
- Is Omicron a new serotype? (Nat Rev Micr) 9:40
- Adaptation of SARS-CoV-2 to mink/ferret (Cell Rep) 29:10
- Letters read on TWiV 871 1:11:43
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:27:34
Alan – Which Immune Cell Are You? and Michaeleen Doucleff’s article
Rich – Vaccinated: One Man’s Quest to Defeat the World’s Deadliest Diseases by Paul A. Offit
Vincent – Ebola on Canvas
Les – Ologies podcast
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org