In COVID-19 clinical update #102, Daniel Griffin reviews children and COVID, effectiveness of maternal vaccination, vaccines for immunocompromised, primary care physicians and vaccination rates, booster safety among adults, placentitis, azithromycin, oral Nirmatrelvir, Omicron antibody evasion, EUA for bebtelovimab, IL-1 blocking agents, thromboprophylaxis, effectiveness of vaccines against long COVID, and risks of mental health outcomes.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Children and COVID state data (AAP) 2:18
- Effectiveness of maternal vaccination (MMWR) 4:20
- Vaccines for immunocompromised (CDC) 12:03
- PCP and vaccination rates (JAMA) 13:55
- Booster safety among adults (MMWR) 15:22
- Placental tissue destruction and placentitis (Arch Path Lab Med) 17:17
- Azithromycin meta-analysis (J Antimicrob Chemo) 19:57
- Oral Nirmatrelvir for high-risk, nonhospitalized adults (NEJM) 23:50
- Omicron antibody evasion (bioRxiv) 28:41
- EUA for bebtelovimab (FDA) 31:01
- IL-1 blocking agents (Cochrane) 33:21
- Thromboprophylaxis (Chest) 34:00
- Effectiveness of vaccines against long COVID (UK Health) 35:15
- COVID complications in Australia (Lancet) 37:01
- Risks of mental health outcomes (BMJ) 38:31
- Letters read on TWiV 868 40:19
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org