Nels joins TWiV to discuss hypotheses for the origins of Omicron, including that it came from mice or arose during chronic infection of an immunocompromised patient.
Guest: Nels Elde
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vaccine Town Hall (ASV)
- Columbia University BSL-3 Manager position 3:27
- Did Omicron come from mice? (J Genet Genomics) 8:27
- Persistent SARS-CoV-2 infection (SSRN) 53:46
- Letters read on TWiV 861 1:20:16
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:39:04
Brianne – Groundhogs Emerge From the Scientific Shadows
Kathy – Zig-zag Coast Guard search pattern
Rich – Moon Phases 2022 (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter)
Vincent – Kevin Cowtan’s Book of Fourier and Live Fourier Transformation
Nels – Biology versus bias
Dusty – Fighting bias in space
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com