In COVID-19 clinical update #98, Daniel Griffin reviews COVID-19 in South Africa, recognition of Omicron by ancestral T cells, booster effectiveness against disease, infection and vaccination in pregnant women, early Remdesivir to prevent progression to severe disease, management of hospitalized adults, Tocilizumab in hospitalized patients, vaccination and long COVID, and the true toll of the pandemic.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- COVID-19 in South Africa (pdf) 4:09
- Ancestral T cells recognize Omicron (Nat Med) 11:36
- Booster effectiveness against COVID-19, England (Nat Med) 14:52
- Cases and hospitalization by vaccination status (MMWR) 17:48
- Infection and vaccination in pregnant women, Scotland (Nat Med) 24:43
- Early Remdesivir to prevent progression to severe disease (NEJM) 32:33
- Management of hospitalized adults (NIH) 28:00
- Tocilizumab in hospitalized patients (Resp Care) 36:19
- Vaccination and long COVID in Israel (medRxiv) 38:01
- Pandemic true death toll (Nature) 41:37
- Internship at Parasites Without Borders (pdf) 42:40
- Letters read on TWiV 856 43:12
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org