In COVID-19 clinical update #97, Daniel Griffin covers immunity after infection recognized by CDC, outcomes before and after Omicron, infectious viral load in Delta vs Omicron, PCR vs rapid antigen tests, booster interval shortened to 5 months, risk factors for severe outcomes in vaccinated, cross-reactive memory T cells, vaccine effectiveness vs MIS-C, and Rivaroxiban for thromboprophylaxis.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Quarantine and isolation (CDC) 2:37
- Outcomes before and after Omicron (medRxiv) 3:22
- Infectious viral load in Delta vs Omicron infections (medRxiv) 8:55
- PCR vs rapid antigen test (medRxiv) 15:29
- Booster interval to 5 months (FDA) 22:31
- Cross-reactive memory T cells (Nat Comm) 23:01
- Risk factors for severe outcomes in vaccinated (MMWR) 25:56
- Vaccine effectiveness vs MIS-C (MMWR) 27:24
- Cross-reactive T cells to Omicron from vaccines (medRxiv) 29:12
- Rivaroxiban for thromboprophylaxis (Lancet) 38:04
- Internship at Parasites Without Borders (pdf) 42:15
- Letters read on TWiV 853 43:07
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org