The TWiV team reviews the observation that infection with the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant causes reduced reproduction and pathogenesis in mice and hamsters.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vaccine Town Hall (ASV) 6:46
- Travel Award Applications (ASV) 7:01
- Omicron infection in mice and hamsters (Res Square) 8:30
- Letters read on TWiV 851 58:59
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:26:51
Dickson – Engineering the James Webb Space Telescope
Amy – T cells might be our bodies’ best shot against Omicron
Brianne – Where is Webb?
Rich – First U.S. vaccine mandate in 1809 launched 200 years of court battles
Vincent – The Secret of Life by Howard Markel
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org