In COVID-19 clinical update #91, Dr. Griffin discusses final results of molnupiravir trial, Omicron variant of concern, outcomes in B-cell depleted patients, recovery in T-cell depleted macaques, peptide for induction of T cell immunity, high respiratory viral RNA loads in infants, IgA and T cells transferred to breast milk after vaccination, sensitivity and specificity of ID NOW, post-acute sequelae at 12 months, disease in low and middle income countries.
Hosts: Daniel Griffin and Vincent Racaniello
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 837 (25 MB .mp3, 41 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Update on Molnupiravir results (Merck) 3:06
- Omicron (Wikipedia) 4:50
- P681H and IFN resistance (bioRxiv) 11:57
- Synthetic DMARDS and disease severity (Ann Rheum Dis) 14:09
- Recovery in T cell depleted macaques (mBio) 15:10
- T-cell inducing peptide (Nature) 17:23
- Respiratory viral RNA load in infants (J Inf Dis) 20:56
- IgA and T cells in breast milk (Cell Rep) 22:18
- ID NOW specificity and sensitivity (J Clinical Viral) 23:49
- Risk prediction algorithm (Thorax) 26:02
- PASC in adults at 12 months (Front Med) 29:14
- Letters read on TWiV 837 31:46
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com
Thank you for your explanation and concern for the rest of us. I have a question, but I’ll email it.
Thanks again, your show should be mainstream!!
Thank you. Started listening in March 2020. You and the other scientists have helped me and my family get through this pandemic, so far. Without your help the world would be a little darker. Stay safe.
Just say protein from mutation or mutation protein.