In COVID-19 clinical update #87, Dr. Griffin reviews PCR cycle threshold and RNA copy number, rapid antigen tests, hospitalization rate after infection or vaccination, allergies and vaccination, community transmission and viral RNA load, early treatment with sotrovimab, meta-analysis of tocilizumab treatment, antibiotic overuse, and guidelines on the use of anticoagulation for thromboprophylaxis.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- CDC vaccine nod to 5-11 year olds (CDC) 2:30
- Sensitivity of rapid antigen tests (Front Micro) 8:46
- COVID-19 among infected or vaccinated (MMWR) 19:09
- Allergy and vaccination symptoms (JAMA) 25:03
- Community transmission and viral RNA load (Lancet) 26:32
- Early treatment with sotrovimab (NEJM) 31:54
- Tocilizumab treatment meta-analysis (Leukemia) 34:24
- Antibiotic overuse in COVID-19 (Am J Trop Med Hyg) 36:07
- Anticoagulants for thromboprophylaxis (Blood Adv) 37:15
- Letters read on TWiV 826 38:56
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com