In COVID-19 clinical update #86, Dr. Griffin discusses virologic features of infection in children, antibody tests should not be used to asses level of protection, test-to-stay programs in schools, FDA authorizes Moderna boosters, results of TOGETHER trial for fluvoxamine, statins and 28 day mortality, and cognitive function in patients.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- 115,000 healthcare worker deaths (Stat News) 1:42
- Virology features of infection in children (J Inf Dis) 5:44
- Antibody tests not for assessing protection (FDA) 9:45
- Infections in vaccinated healthcare workers (NEJM) 10:51
- Flawed science of antibody testing (JAMA) 10:38
- Test-to-stay in school (US News) 11:49
- Vaccination and non-COVID mortality risk (MMWR) 14:28
- EUA for Moderna booster (FDA) 17:22
- Fact sheet for use of casirivimab and imdevimab (FDA) 18:02
- Effect of early treatment with fluvoxamine (Lancet) 19:02
- Statins and 28-day mortality (J Inf Dis) 28:14
- Cognitive function after COVID-19 (JAMA) 33:04
- Routine vaccination coverage worldwide (MMWR) 34:47
- Letters read on TWiV 823 36:26
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org