In COVID-19 clinical update #85, Dr. Griffin reviews cases and deaths by vaccination status, mRNA vaccine effectiveness in 12-18 year olds, standard and extended dosing of mRNA vaccines, immune responses after vaccination, Moderna booster dose approved, giving monoclonals at home, no benefit from colchicine, and IFN does not help remdesivir.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Guidelines on COVID-19 drugs (WHO) 2:36
- Holiday celebrations (CDC) 6:18
- COVID-19 cases and deaths by vaccination status (CDC) 8:52
- Effectiveness of Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA Vaccination 12-18 years (MMWR) 9:07
- Rollout of vaccines for 5-11 year olds (WaPo) 12:01
- Standard and extended dosing mRNA vaccine (Cell) 15:37
- Differential kinetics immune responses after vaccination (NEJM) 17:19
- Moderna booster dose approved (FDA) 19:03
- Vertically transferred maternal immune cells (Nat Comm) 23:59
- Giving monoclonals at home (JAMA) 25:10
- No benefit from colchicine (Lancet) 26:44
- IFN does not help remdesivir (Lancet) 28:52
- Letters read on TWiV 820 30:51
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com