In COVID-19 clinical update #83, Daniel Griffin discusses upcoming FDA discussions on vaccines, strategies to prevent transmission at youth camps, outbreaks at summer camps, impact of vaccination on transmission, AZD7442 request for EUA filed, EUA issued for home antigen test, phase 3 data on AZD1222 vaccine, 6 month effectiveness of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, estimates of durability of immunity against reinfection, Molnupiravir interim results, optimal time for monoclonal antibody infusion, IVIG plus Infliximab for MIS-C, and effect of vaccination on long COVID.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Preventing transmission at camps (MMWR) 7:52
- Outbreaks at summer camps (MMWR) 8:53
- Impact of vaccination on transmission (medRxiv) 12:03
- AZD7442 request for FDA EUA (AstraZeneca) 14:45
- FDA EUA for home antigen test (FDA) 17:03
- Phase 3 results AZD1222 vaccine (NEJM) 18:44
- 6 month effectiveness BNT1`62b2 vaccine (Lancet) 20:38
- Durability of immunity vs reinfection (Lancet) 22:52
- Molnupiravir interim results (Merck) 27:39
- Optimal time for mAb therapy (Inf Dis Advisor) 32:20
- IVIG plus Infliximab for MIS-C (Pediatrics) 34:08
- Effect of vaccination on long COVID (Lancet preprint) 35:38
- Letters read on TWiV 814 40:47
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com