In COVID-19 clinical update #80, Daniel Griffin reviews infections in children, masking, testing to limit transmission, high barrier for monoclonal antibody escape, are boosters needed, use of steroids, grants for long COVID, and how the pandemic unfolds in Africa.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Hospitalization pre- and post-vaccines (Res Sq) 5:50
- Infection in children (medRxiv) 12:06
- Updated mask guidance (CDC) 14:08
- Transmission to masked and unmasked (MMWR) 21:15
- Daily testing in schools (Lancet) 22:17
- High barrier to mAb escape (bioRxiv) 25:52
- Boosters not needed (Lancet) 29:20
- Distribution system for mAbs (HHS) 31:32
- Steroids in non-oxygen requiring patients (Int J Med) 34:30
- Grants for long COVID (NIH) 39:07
- Genomic surveillance in Africa (Science) 41:04
- Letters read on TWiV 806 42:14
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com