The TWiVotopes review current evidence which does not show the need for widespread COVID-19 booster vaccination, and results of experiments to examine the replication and immune evasion of the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler, and Brianne Barker
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 805 (57 MB .mp3, 94 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASV Vaccine Town Halls 1:46
- Vaccine boosters not needed (Lancet) 1:53
- Delta variant replication and immune evasion (Nature) 27:48
- Epidemiologically linked COVID-19 outbreaks (MMWR) 1:12:29
- Letters read on TWiV 805 1:05:23
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:19:27
Brianne – Sloan Foundation Theater
Kathy – COVID vaccines work, even if you don’t have side effects lay article primary article
Rich – Science Alone Can’t Heal a Sick Society by Jay S. Kaufman
Vincent – Sandra Black SciArt
Ruth – Radio Lento podcast
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for Lancet paper, in case the one above does’t work.