Virus hunter Mya Breitbart joins TWiV to describe her laboratory’s work on viruses in spiders, insects, millipedes, freshwater springs, seawater, plants, human feces and much more.
Guest: Mya Breitbart
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Viruses of spinybacked orbweavers (J Gen Virol) 9:58
- Viruses of terrestrial arthropods (PeerJ) 30:34
- Pepper mild mottle virus in sewage (PLoS Path) 36:30
- Environmental DNA in marine community (Nat Comm) 40:35
- Viral community of freshwater springs (mBio)
- Phage puppet masters in the oceans (Nat Micro)
- Letters read on TWiV 804 1:01:05
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:32:29
Dickson – Official-Droodles-Home
Alan – The 31st First Annual Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony video (and the text version)
Vincent – Biden’s federal and business vaccine mandates
Anonymous – The Ivermectin Episode – Behind the Bastards
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com