The TWiV team explains what the Biden report on SARS-CoV-2 origins did not: evidence that the virus came from Nature, not a lab; and reveals new coronaviruses in rodents that inhabit populated areas in southern China.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Dickson Despommier, Rich Condit, and Kathy Spindler
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 798 (68 MB .mp3, 114 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Biden preliminary report on virus origins (NY Times) 3:34
- Window on SARS-CoV-2 origins closing (Nature) 6:50
- WHO Committee members on TWiV 760 7:09
- Origins of SARS-CoV-2 review (Cell) 24:35
- Comirnaty? Really Pfizer? (FDA) 1:04:49
- Why the weird name for Pfizer vaccine (Quartz) 1:06:29
- US vaccine names (CDC) 1:12:33
- More coronaviruses from rodents in China (J Viral) 1:14:30
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:32:46
Dickson – The Brilliant Abyss by Helen Scales
Kathy – Solar System ball drop
Rich – Dr. Fox effect
Alan – Patty Wagstaff virtual airshow cockpit video
Vincent – Office Hours
Karen – The Dog Will See You Now
Alicia – Bio-Rad GTCA Song
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Dear Twiv, I am an associate professor of epidemiology and public health at U MN college of Veterinary med. First, love the pod.
Second, I found your Mr, Fox effect very interesting. More interesting we’re your comments. Are we not past the time when smart must equal boring or when good scientists are not allowed to be good communicators? I get the point but you are perpetuating old stereotypes and elitist tendencies that have impart contributed to the public’s acceptance to facts which has in turn hurt our world. Can we not focus on content AND style?
Great episode crew!