In COVID-19 clinical update #77, Daniel Griffin discusses children becoming increasingly infected, virological characteristics of infections in vaccinated health care workers, transmission dynamics among close contacts, licensing of Pfizer mRNA vaccine, cost of hospitalization of unvaccinated patients, 29 times higher hospitalization rates in unvaccinated patients, boost in neutralizing antibody potency and breadth by third vaccine dose, and use of J&J vaccine as second dose.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- COVID-19 false dichotomies (BMC Inf Dis) 2:47
- Virological characteristics of infections (medRxiv) 5:59
- Transmission among close contacts (JAMA) 8:39
- Comirnaty licensed (FDA) 12:53
- Cost of hospitalization of unvaccinated (Health Sys Tracker) 14:17
- 29 times higher hospitalization among unvaccinated (MMWR) 16:06
- Third dose boosts antibody potency and breadth (medRxiv) 19:51
- J&J second dose (J&J) 22:25
- Letters read on TWiV 797 30:57
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org