TWiV reviews a leaked CDC document on virulence and spread of the delta variant, and how anti-alphavirus antibodies that do not neutralize infection can nevertheless protect mice from disease.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- NYC first to require vaccination proof (Reuters) 7:32
- Leaked internal CDC document (WaPo) 9:42
- Manuscripts on increased virulence (one, two, three) 46:28
- Disease protection by non-neutralizing antibodies (Cell) 1:08:40
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:32:56
Brianne – Nobel Prize Games
Kathy – Snail sensors
Rich – In Shock: My Journey from Death to Recovery and the Redemptive Power of Hope by Rana Awdish
Vincent – The Provincetown Covid data is actually good news (if you are vaccinated) and I Was the Architect of Operation Warp Speed. I Have a Message for All Americans.
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com