In COVID-19 clinical update #69, Daniel Griffin covers effectiveness of mRNA vaccines against the delta variant, depression among public health workers, correlates of protection against asymptomatic and symptomatic infection, BNT162b2 in ChAdOx-1-S primed individuals, prior infection rescues B and T cell responses to variants after vaccination, effect of vaccination on household transmission, germinal responses induced by mRNA vaccines, phase 3 results of Novavax vaccine, and long COVID as our next national health disaster.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Worry about human behavior, not variants (NY Times) 3:53
- Moderna and Pfizer vaccines vs delta variant 9:02
- Depression among public health workers (MMWR) 13:55
- Correlates of protection (medRxiv) 17:11
- mRNA vaccine in AZ recipients (Lancet) 19:26
- Prior infection rescues B and T cell responses to variants (Science) 22:28
- Effect of vaccination on household transmission (NEJM) 24:33
- mRNA vaccines induce germinal responses (Nature) 27:04
- Novavax vaccine phase 3 results (NEJM) 28:46
- EUA for tocilizumab (FDA) 33:03
- Long COVID, next national health disaster (NEJM) 35:14
- Letters read on TWiV 775 36:44
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org