In COVID-19 clinical update #68, Daniel Griffin discusses children acquiring infection at birthday parties, immunogenicity of vaccines in solid organ transplant patients, reinfection rates in recovered patients, lack of efficacy of azithromycin, bacterial and fungal infections in hospitalized patients, effect of monoclonal antibody treatment on clinical outcomes of ambulatory patients, and reduction in mortality of hospitalized patients treated with remedesivir.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- COVID-19 and birthday parties (JAMA) 6:46
- Vaccines in transplant patients (Ann Int Med) 9:22
- Reinfection of recovered patients (Clin Inf Dis) 13:00
- Azithromycin lack of efficacy (Rev Med Virol) 15:27
- Bacterial and fungal infections in hospitalized patients (Op For Inf Dis) 17:16
- mAb treatment of ambulatory patients (Op For Inf Dis) 19:21
- Remdesivir reduction of mortality (Gilead) 20:26
- Letters read on TWiV 772 31:10
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org