In COVID-19 clinical update #57, Daniel Griffin covers children and MIS-C, school opening plans, transmission event with masks, fomite transmission, diagnostic test performance, AZ vaccine and blood clots, and long COVID and the effect of vaccines.
Hosts: Daniel Griffin and Vincent Racaniello
Click arrow to play
Download TWiV 741 (26 MB .mp3, 43 min)
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Children with MIS-C (JAMA) 5:35
- Transmission with masks (Op For Inf Dis) 11:27
- Accuracy of diagnostic tests (J Clin Micro) 17:10
- Long COVID in hospitalized patients (BMJ) 27:23
- Neurological and psychiatric outcomes of COVID-19 (medRxiv) 28:52
- Letters read on TWiV 741 34:03
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com
741 is a very famous operational amplifier, released in 1968 by Fairchild Semiconductor with the designation µA741. It is still in production, though primarily as variants with improved fitness. It probably changed the world at least as much as any of those seven-something flying machines.
It’s good to see Dr. Griffin smiling at the start of the episode again. He looked pretty despondent last week.