John, Monica, and Davida join TWiV to discuss development of a method to detect SARS-CoV-2 in raw sewage from all 14 of New York City’s treatment plants, and its use to determine the presence of the genome throughout the pandemic and detection of genome mutations from variants of concern.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Protocol for detecting SARS-CoV-2 RNA in wastewater (medRxiv) 23:34, 1:03:42
- Mutations from VOC in NYC wastewater (medRxiv) 50:42, 1:03:50
- WHO report on COVID-19 origins (pdf) 1:04:05
- Effectiveness of mRNA vaccines at preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection (MMWR) 1:28:07
- Prothrombic thrombocytopenic disorder after AZ vaccine (Res Square) 1:32:56
- NIDO 2021 Symposium 1:01:38
- Postdoctoral position at Towson University
- ASV hosts free COVID-19 Vaccine Education Town Halls (register here) 1:02:14
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:45:00
Dickson – 250,000 Dominoes
Brianne – Using RT-PCR in COVID-19 Testing
Rich – Beaded Lacewings Can Take Down Six Termites With A Single Fart
Kathy – Tracking the COVID code
Vincent – Administering vaccines to adults
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com