Jason McLellan joins TWiV to reveal all we know about the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, followed by Novavax and J&S phase 3 results and a discussion of variants of concern: neutralization by vaccine-induced antibodies, transmission, and virulence.
Guest: Jason McLellan
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Prefusion spike structure (Science) 3:27, 10:29
- Neutralization of VOC by vaccine induced antibodies: Moderna and Pfizer 57:48
- Novavax COVID-19 vaccine phase 3 results (Novavax) 1:15:41
- J&J COVID-19 vaccine phase 3 results (J&J) 1:27:48
- B.1.1.7 has been in the US since November 2020 (virological.org) 1:37:27
- NERVTAG report on B.1.1.7 virulence (pdf) 1:46:57
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Picks 1:53:21
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com